Partner Amelia Sargent authored an article titled “Five Steps To Protect Your Trade Secrets Without a Non-Compete,” which was published in the December 2021 edition of The Practical Lawyer, a publication by ALI CLE.
Amelia’s article outlines the five steps to protect a trade secret without a non-compete, including:
- Identify your business’s trade secrets;
- Educate management and your employees about why trade secrets matter;
- Tune up your HR policies and procedures;
- Involve the IT Department to implement your security—especially when remote work is involved; and
- Watch out for employees moving between competitors.
Using the above five steps as a guide, companies can start to proactively manage their trade secrets to keep them protected in a fast-changing world.
To read Amelia’s article, click here.