2020 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) Convention
- November 4, 2020 - November 7, 2020
- All Day Event
- Peter Shimamoto
Partners Paul Loh, Peter Shimamoto, and Jason Wilson, as well as Sherin Varghese, Staff Attorney and E-discovery Manager, will attend the 2020 NAPABA Convention taking place virtually from November 4-7, 2020.
NAPABA’s Annual Convention is a gathering of Asian Pacific American attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students from across the country.
During the 2020 NAPABA Convention on Friday, November 6, Willenken will co-host, for the fourth consecutive year, the Harvard Law School Association Asian Pacific American Alumni Network (HLSAAPAAN) Reception. As Vice President of HLSAAPAAN, Willenken Partner Jason Wilson will co-host the reception with Harvard Law School colleagues from Bird Marella, P.C.
On Saturday, November 7, Willenken Partner Peter Shimamoto will moderate a CLE panel titled “A View From the Top: Perspectives from General Counsels of Media and Entertainment Companies.” This panel will provide insight into the thoughts and perspectives of media and entertainment company general counsels on several key topics, including:
- How they are recruiting and developing talent to meet challenges today and in the future;
- Their experience with various management styles that have led to effective and not so effective leadership;
- The top three factors to which they attribute their success and the success of their companies;
- The challenges they are currently facing and what keeps them up at night;
- The impact of and response to COVID-19 and the effect on future operations; and
- Their current thinking about diversity and how it has changed over time.
To register for the 2020 NAPABA Convention, click here.
For the 2020 NABAPA Convention Program Schedule, click here.